What Google Alerts show about Uber

Tom Paine



 Subscribe in a reader



Like many people, I rely on Google Alerts to track businesses and other topics I want to follow. I've got a few hundred of them, and though they aren't often the sources of my most important stories, some offer neat clues which lead eventually to great stories.

Since at the moment I've got most of my alerts in the same subsection of feedly, the reader I use, I see them all at the same time. And over the past couple of years, my Google Alerts have increasingly been dominated by Uber-related items.


Here is a sample of what my Uber Google Alerts showed over a period of a few hours today (press on text to highlight):






Its not a stream, its a torrent, and they tend to cover almost every aspect of society and most of the globe. I am sure there are people who do nothing but monitor these and other information streams about Uber.




No comments: